Sunday, October 5, 2008

FIND JOY IN THE JOURNEY....

NOW!!!
I LOVE THIS MESSAGE FROM PRESIDENT MONSON. HE IS TRULY AN INSPIRED MAN, EVERY WORD HE SPOKE TODAY IN GENERAL CONFERENCE I FELT LIKE HE WAS TALKING TO ME.

Do you ever feel like you can never keep up?
Or that everyone around you is doing a better job and has everything you want in life.
I am constantly feeling this way!
And i'm constantly reminding myself that it's not true.
Do you ever say "we'll be a real family after we have our first baby?" or "Our lives we'll really start after we're done school?" or my personal favorite "We'll be truly happy and feel complete when we can afford the house we want"
BUT every time one these things is finished i still have the feeling like something isn't complete.

And it finally clicked today when Pres. Monson said
we need to realize what is most important in life.
Why do we care so much what other people think or have? It seems like an never ending roller coaster to disaster when we try to out do each other.

I decided today that the Karrens our going to live "SIMPLE"!
Brett is going to LOVE this, because he already lives this way and has been trying to get me on board for many years!

I also liked when the prophet reminds us that our children only have one childhood and that the never ending laundry can wait. I enjoyed the little story about his dad not going into work when there was an emergency because he had promised his sons he would take them to the circus. I love this reminder. Our children grow up so FAST i think i often forget to enjoy the moments i have with them. So if you come over to my house this week and it's a disaster it's because I've been playing with my kids.
He also talked about expressing our GRATITUDE and to give THANKS. I try to do this often but i think i forget to thank the ones i love most.
Brett and i have been talking about this alot lately and it seems we often forget to acknowledge what the other one has been doing. I get so caught up in the stuff thats NOT getting done i forget to notice the things that are.
So i hope i can become the person i want to be.
Thanks for listening to my ramblings....

4 comments:

Cindy Anderton said...

Amen cousin

Life Is Golden said...

Oh my heavens... we are so meant to be best friends... look at my blog. I love it!

Chelsea said...

So refreshing!! I wasn't able to go to conference so thank you for writing about it. I have been doing this for about 2 weeks, enjoying my kids and then doing the housework.It has been so worth it, people come over and are shocked, but the kids are smiling!!
love ya

LindsayB said...

ok, so i took your advice and my house is a disaster, but the kids are happy! haha. it's true, some days the balance is easy to find, others it's so hard. i just know that i don't want to wish my life away, so we need to enjoy today with the many blessings we have. and listen, i took all the pictures before noon, all the jackets came off right after and we were suntanning.