Monday, October 13, 2008

FIANLLY!!!

Well i just finished my very first 1/2 MARATHON (2hrs.10mins.) with my friend Shari.
We had so much fun training together, picking out our matching outfits and going to Long Beach, California to do the run.
We put in so many hours and months training for this day and it was totally worth it. We both want to do another soon.

I have to thank Brett for getting up with the kids every Saturday morning while i was out on my long runs, and for driving to Long Beach and back with me. Your the best babe!

And thanks to Dustin and Nicole for watching our kiddos for us so we didn't have to take them. They had a BLAST at your house and cried when we had to take them, they love you guys.

On our way to California

Getting ready to leave the hotel for the BIG race

ALL the runners, there was around 18,000 people running in the different races that day!

Shari and I at the end of the run...we did it and survived!


Brett and Darin were at the end waiting for us... it was so fun to have them there.

Darin and Shari

After the race, look closely at my shirt!

Brett finally got to watch some football this weekend, we went out for lunch and they just happened to have a sports part with the game on!!!!!

12 comments:

Chelsea said...

Congratulations Cus!! Your legs are so bloody slim!! I am totally jelous. I have always wanted to get into running, but I just cant seem to like it!

Christie said...

Wow your AMAZING!

Susie said...

You are awesome. You look amazing! Why does that make me wanna do it too? So cool that you got to go to cali to do it. You make it look fun.

Krista said...

You look so amazing and skinny!! Good job Melissa!!!

Just Rhonda said...

Way to go Melissa! You're awesome! i can't believe you did that, i want to that so bad, i want to do it in cali too of course. ok, you are looking great too by the way. i guess your no treats monday thru thursday is working.

jes said...

congrats! you're the hottest runner i've ever seen! you might just inspire me to start...

Life Is Golden said...

Melissa! Melissa! She's the girl!
I'm so inspired, I might just give it a whirl!
(super convenient cheer seeing how my 1/2 marathon is this next weekend... also, whirl and epidural were the only words I could think of at the moment that rhyme with girl).
Good job, you look fabulous! I'm so proud of you.

Kristina said...

Way to go Melissa!

Sew Much Ado said...

Melissa, you are so good, I'm jealous. And cute matching outfits!

Jacklyn said...

Congrats Missy, that's so awesome you look so good. I am seriously going to get off my butt some day and do something like that

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I'm so jealous. I'm gonna do London's Run half, you should do it with me!

Brittany said...

congrats miss you are absolutely amazing and you look it to boot!!