Monday, January 19, 2009

slow is the new fast....!

Another 1/2 marathon done and my legs are KILLING me. My friend Tasha came out from Detroit to run the Phoenix rock 'n' roll 1/2 marathon and i decided to join her. It was a blast i couldn't believe how many people were there, 37000!










Picking up our numbers


Yes we made signs for ourselves, it was free!!!


I had so much fun shopping, getting pedi's, eating out (because i don't cook), and just hanging out a talking.
Thanks for coming to AZ Meagan and Tasha, i hope the cold blizzard weather is convincing you to move here.....!!!!!!

My kiddos had so much fun with these 2 girls.

8 comments:

Hawks said...

dang..your a professional runner now..lets see you do a full marathon..

Unknown said...

Kudos to you! Lots of people were participating in that run! I am glad that you are doing well!

JoAnn said...

Wow. Way to go. I am impressed!

LindsayB said...

awesome melissa! you're my motivation to get a couple of these half marathons done this year. i'm going strong on my 3rd week of training!

McCandless Co. said...

Congrats! What a great accomplishment for you, I am jealous, I wish I had you around to keep me motivated.
I have a good website for you to check out, it is a friends site he is trying to get going, it is called
www.runaroundtheearth.com, it logs all your miles, walking,running, biking etc and shows you your progress, maybe you would like it.

Life Is Golden said...

Oh man... you're my hero! I've just started playing in a Coed basketball league at UCSF and boy was I a broken old woman by the end... I need you to give me tips on how to stay young and fabulous!

- I KNOW I need to update my blog, and I will soon as I get a spare minute, things have just been crazy around here.

Jacklyn said...

All I can say is that "You bring meaning to my Life...Your my INSPIRATION" I hope you know Chicago or that doesn't make sense but yahhhh Melissa your my hero

Nicole said...

You rock Melissa! Love the pics. :)