Tuesday, November 27, 2007

i FINSHED and SURVIVED!!!

THE TURKEY TROT

So i had this bright idea that i would do the 10k run on thanksgiving day before i ate all the trimmings. It was so hard especially the last 2 miles, it seemed like i was getting slower and everyone else around me was getting FASTER. But i finally finished and under 60mins. (which was my goal) and next year i'll do better!


Nicole (my sister in-law) ran the race too.

My little fan...


Brett's going to run next year with me...right Brett???
Peyton didn't even care his mom was running and just wanted to play at the park, that's the 2 yr. old in him.

8 comments:

LindsayB said...

Good for you! You look so good. Now you better be heading up to Raymond so I can keep up with you in the 10 k next summer since you kicked my butt in the 5 k. And Brody's birthday looked like it was about the cutest thing EVER! I love the baseball cake all to himself, good idea.

Unknown said...

Hooray! You are awesome. I hope that things are good. I wanted to let you know that I tagged you! (I'm sure you're thrilled!)

Anonymous said...

Yay - you beat your goal time! It was fun to see you there! Those black and white pictures of your boys are too cute! Looks like Brody had a fun birthday! Nice job on the cakes. We will be in the ward one more month. We need to get together sometime!

whitney said...

Good Job! Running in the heat of Arizona, fall or not, is a feat in and of itself as far as I'm concerned. I was running in long pants and long sleeves in October for the pumpkin run here! I'm too lazy to run 10K, but maybe I will attempt the Raymond 5K. It's a good excuse to visit lululemon!

Susie said...

Alright Melissa! hope you guys are up in Raymond next summer, & we can see ya in action! Super fun birthday cakes.

Mindi said...

Hey...at least you got up and ran! Me...my baby is just 5 months and I am totally not motivated to do anything, YET I know I need to lose that last 10 lbs! I just keep hoping it'll just melt away by itself!

Dusty said...

You rock! you little runner...You look great! Good job and with that cake you could run for mother of the year!

Just Rhonda said...

NICE work!!!!!!