Wednesday, April 8, 2009

My laundry is dirtier than yours...

Alright i'll join the fun and air out my dirty laundry like Lindsey and Whit and Susie and all you other out there. And make you all feel better because my laundry is dirty really dirty!!!


I will agree that blogs show a fairy tale life of our lives and maybe that's why i like doing a blog and reading others blogs. I like to think that we are a perfect little happy family where nothing bad ever happens and no one ever fights and kids are always well groomed with clean clothes on and their teeth brushed. And that i am a good homemaker and that Brett is a good provider and it doesn't matter how much $$$$ is brought into our home we can buy whatever we want and it will never run out. Is this sounding familiar??? If not i must be the only selfish, vain person out there.
This may come as a surprise for some of you and maybe even put you into a state of shock, but my LIFE IS NOT PERFECT!!!
I often compare myself to others and wonder why i can't be more like so and so or why i can't have the same things as so and so. This drives Brett crazy and he HATES blogs, i don't think he hates the idea of them but he hates that i look at others blogs and then complain about my own life. When i fact i have a pretty great unperfect life and i am really happy.... so here is my laundry list

I'm a mom that lets my kids eat sugar cereal for breakfast because i like it
I'm a mom that let's her kids watch tv all day if i have to get the house clean
I'm a mom that let's her kids run around in underwear and a diaper because my kids hate clothes
I'm a mom that hates going to the park unless i have other moms to talk to
I'm a mom that gives my kids a bath for an hour while i get ready and clean my room (in my bathroom so i can see them)
I'm a mom that yells at my kids thinking they will listen to me better, it doesn't work but i keep doing it!!!
I'm a mom that rather go shopping than take my kids to the zoo
I'm a mom that gets a babysitter every weekend so Brett and i can go out
I'm a mom that just got a library card and took books out for the very first time yesterday, I know bad eh?
I'm a mom that hates messes and considers coloring a craft
I'm a mom that gives in way too often
I'm a mom that rather eat out than cook
AND
I'm a mom that rarely feels guilty for any of this...

OK i'm going to stop there before i start feeling guilty, but the list could go on and on. I think the important thing is that our families know we love them and we would do anything for them. It doesn't matter to our kids if we are the skinniest, prettiest, coolest mom ever that can snowboard, frost a cake, sew their clothes and have a clean house all day long.
If you came over to my house without calling it would be a disaster and my kids might not have clothes on. But i'm glad to hear that i'm not the only one.

So keeping airing out your laundry so we can all feel normal....

Yes this is what he ate for breakfast...

Look no clothes and they are outside...

And they are still smiling, happy, funny kids!

11 comments:

Lyndsay said...

You probably don't remember me but you always came to Scoville parties with Ashley. Okay that post was wonderful I feel a little bit better about myself and am so so glad that other moms don't do everything perfectly!! Your boys are so cute and is underwear considered dressed for the day?!!!!

whitney said...

I could add a check mark to almost everything on your list. Love it!

whitney said...

Tell Brett to stop being a hater.

lynz said...

awww - cute post melissa! your boys are way to cute, and i loved your dirty laundry even though it's really not all that dirty :) you're an awesome mom!

Susie said...

I was reading that and was thinking dang why didn't I think of that on a few of those. I like the bath idea, and diapers = less laundry(if it was acceptable to let Sadie out like that I would). Love love love the real true moms

LindsayB said...

This is so great melissa, i hear ya on those! i love how everyone is coming out with this thinking they are alone being this way and we soooo are not! the best part is that you said you don't even feel guilty, LOVE IT! we can't waste our time feeling guilty, our kids love us and think we are the BEST mom ever, because we are.

Just Rhonda said...

:) heehee Reg-o-rama is in tune with Brett's feelings about Blogs. :)

Just Rhonda said...

and I forgot to add that I didn't think your list was bad. You seem like a pretty good mom to me!

Natalie said...

You are too funny, Melissa. I wish we lived closer so my little dude could hang out with your boys. He would love playing in dirt with only a diaper on!

I was talking to my hubby about parenting techniques the other day, and we came to the conclusion that the only thing that really matters is that every kid is happy and feels loved. How each parent arrives at that destination is entirely up to them. There are so many different things that work. Just do what feels right to you and you can't go wrong!

Chelsea said...

amen!!!! congrats on winning the binder!!! I am so jelous

Brittany said...

I tell Lucy she can't have sugar as I try and hid the chocolate left in my teeth. I would let my kids run nude a whole lot more if it would actually get above 60..heck if it saved on laundry then I would do it every day